Friday, August 27, 2010

Haven't pedaled off into the sunset

Yes, it's been very quiet here the past few weeks - but occasionally all grown ups have to take a break from the bike - like the owners of Cervelo almost did these past few days... luckily for a few soon-to-be-out-of-work-pros Garmin jumped in and reshuffled the deck. And wow! what an off season, as soon as I get a free moment I'm unlocking the archives and searching for a more tumultuous "off-season" - although there still is a Vuelta in Spain, the Worlds downunder and my personal favorite the 'Race of the Falling Leaves' around Lake Como, the race beloved by Il Campionissimo himself, Fausto Coppi - the Giro di Lombardia - what a gorgeous race.

Anyway, I have been back at my day job, down in on the Gulf Coast in the aftermath of the BP Deepwater Horizon oil disaster, trying to document how BP managed to create the world's greatest human-caused environmental disaster and what will be the downstream impact of all that oil they some how can't seem to stick a dipstick into?

If you are curious you can follow my work on a couple blogs - Gulf Oil Spill Project and one focused on the photojournalism specifically called Gulf Coast Photo Project.

I am back in the NW this weekend to do the RAPSody Ride around Puget Sound up in Washington with my awesome tandem partner Jenn - a write up and photos first of next week.

Great fall riding everyone - and be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment